The northern most part of the Castle Dome District makes up the Hull mine claims, some of the deepest and most extensive workings in the district. These mines make up the Rail Road, Chief and Hull and are up to 750 vertical feet deep.
Colonel Jacob Snively was Arizona's first citizen and William Ehrenberg were the original founders in 1864. Colonel Jacob Snively was one of the most successful prospectors he found gold, silver and treasure as well as lost mines.
Right here is One of those lost Spanish mines that Colonel Jacob Snively discovered. this mine the Spanish touted as a huge silver veins right on top of the ground, but were driven off by hostile Indians. .
From the Desperados to the Indian raids this mining distrct was one tough place. It would almost die then spring back to life and ended up becoming the longest worked mining District in Arizona. The ores have been worked and reworked, the bars, Stage Stop and the graveyard have been silent but have awakened to the sound of many footsteps as we retrace their activities of the past.
Lost and Hidden Treasures are rediscovered and one of her best kept secrets has recently been brought to life the unending fluorescent mineral wall with all the colors of the spectrum a true treasure one-of-a- kind natural Wonder.
Arizona's Natural Wonder Fluorescent Mineral Wall |
c/o Castle Dome Museum
Castle Dome Road, Yuma AZ
Phone 928 920-3062 - Email us